Do you dream of becoming a BIRTH DOULA?
Do you want to earn a live-able wage and build a sustainable business?
Do you want to serve your local birth community of disenfranchised expectant families?
Are you ready to dig deep to learn to earn and serve?
Do you have $299-$449 USD to invest in your dream?
If you answered yes to all these, then you are perfect to join us for a DONA approved Birth Doula training, facilitated by NIKIA LAWSON, MA, BSW, BDT(DONA), CD(DONA, and hosted by Shannon Johns of Calming Nature Doula Center.
This internationally referenced training and competency verification includes evidenced-based information including but not limited to:
* comprehensive doula service training, practical & emotional skills
* comfort measures that will make you more effective as a birth doula and immediate postpartum
* newborn & breastfeeding support
* effective strategies that make childbirth a meaningful experience for your clients
* strategies and tips for special circumstances – VBAC delivery, multiples, planned cesarean deliveries, etc
* professional development and skills on how to talk to mothers in a way that encourages them to choose doula care
* confidence building knowledge and skills, doula practice & business.
Join us for 2-3 days of meaningful training that will prepare you with doula skills and care to establish a sustainable business and serve the community of disproportionately under-served expectant families including: teens, low income, domestic violence survivors, mentally ill, substance abusers, hearing impaired and members of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
You will learn:
~Implicit bias for doulas
~16 hours of birth doula training
~Breastfeeding for the new mother
March 13th-March 15th
Training includes manual & handouts.
A additional day option to include Childbirth Education for Doulas for a total of $449.
The best thing is that you'll also get the opportunity to have hands on birth experience serving families to obtain your certifying births by working with a local non-profit organization.
2 day training $299
3 day training $449.
Non-Refundable Deposit of $150 due Jan. 15th
Full payment due by Feb 28th, 2020.
Please remit payments to:
Calming Nature Doula Center
223 Grant St.
Buffalo, NY 14213
Memo Line: DONA Doula training
You can also make your payments directly to us via:
Cash App: $CalmingNatureDS
Payments can be made at our office anytime. We accept cash, check, or money order payments.
$150 NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit due when you register. Please click the link to the online application.